because it is utterly convenient, offers maximum security and allows best possible use of the space. The principle behind it is as ingenious as it is simple: Sectional garage doors are comprised of individual elements, so-called sections, connected by hinges, which make it possible to roll the door up vertically and slide it conveniently underneath the ceiling without it swinging outwards in front of the garage and thus taking up space.
Appearance-wise, sectional garage doors leave nothing to be desired, either: high-quality materials, top-quality processing and a wide variety of additional fittings give each garage an individual look – in keeping with the architecture of the house and your personal taste.
More space in front of the garage
Unlike an up-and-over door, a sectional garage door doesn’t swing out, which means you can make use of every last inch of space in front of the garage – to park a second car, for example.
And garages located near roads or pavements do not put pedestrians at risk and the traffic keeps flowing.
For every vehicle
The full passage height can always be used in a sectional garage door with electrical operator. When replacing an up-and-over door with a sectional garage door, the passage width becomes even larger, because the sectional garage door is typically mounted behind the opening.
There is also more room inside the garage – making it ideal for high vehicles like jeeps or vans – due to the fact that the door sections open vertically while conveniently rolling upwards and then underneath the ceiling in order to save space.
We set standards Anything that is outside in all winds and weathers and has to work perfectly day after day needs an especially intelligent design. That’s why all Novoferm steel sectional garage doors are double-skinned, insulated and named after their insulation thickness: From affordable iso 20 sectional garage doors up to exclusive iso 45 models offering a huge choice of added features. The individual sections are made of thin sheet metal that is galvanized and finished with a hard-wearing coat of polyester-based paint. Angular frames, guides and all hardware on the door are also galvanized to keep them permanently durable and make sure you enjoy your garage door for years to come – protected by a 10-year warranty!
1. Double-skinned and insulated Our steel sections are exclusively manufactured in a double-skinned sandwich construction and filled with an insulating rigid PUR foam core. This ensures improved soundproofing and heat insulation, and quieter door operation compared with single-skinned garage doors. The flexible lip seals between the sections fit closely even at low temperatures. They prevent any heat losses and keep the dust out.
2. Frost-proof floor seal A rubber profile on the bottom edge of the garage door guarantees optimum protection from water and dirt, evens out slight floor unevenness and prevents damage and injuries. The floor seal is made of high-quality EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer), which is known for its high elasticity, weather resistance and durability.
3. Lip seals on the frame Extra wide lip seals on the side frame provide even better heat insulation and protection against dirt.
4. Adaptable frame base Novoferm sectional garage doors are fitted with a weatherproof frame base made of galvanized steel. So water and accumulated moisture can drain off freely and the frame will not start to rust, even after long periods. The stepped design is ideal for renovation projects that involve the installation of a sectional garage door to replace an up-and-over door with floor track.
5. The Novoferm quality seal 5. The Novoferm quality seal Since quality is definitely not something to be hidden, all Novoferm sectional garage doors bear the Novoferm seal of quality, which guarantees the use of the best materials and a top-class finish!
6. Thermo frame set The optional sealing and insulating strip system further improves the already excellent performance of double-skinned Novoferm E® sectional garage doors. The thermal optimization on three sides of the frame enhances insulation performance by up to 15%* when mounted behind the opening. A plug and clip profile ensures quick and easy installation and can be used on all Novoferm E® sectional doors. The Thermo frame set actively supports the optimization of building performance. * This performance is dependent on the door pattern and size